Re: whats made you annoyed / sad today

Unread postby lowered-punto » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:09 am

Glad it's sorted now lol

Harper
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Harper » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:32 pm

it's Friday afternoon and the time is dragging. There's still so much left to do and all I want is to go home!

Sigh....
The problem with the world is the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Please note I'm not accepting Facebook friend requests as I'm an anti-social bint at the best of times and Facebook makes me more so :green:

marti155
Forum god
Forum god

Unread postby marti155 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:20 pm

So on Sunday I was driving along had gone a whole half mile when suddenly the engine starts sounding very rough at the same time from the dash board I hear a beep beep beep and a message appears. Motor control system failure. I think to myself this is not good and probably going to be expensive. I drive slowly home and start to look for a fault since the car sounds and feels like it's only on 3 cylinders I start there. Long story short the coil on cylinder 2 has died. Ordered a new coil this morning from my friendly motor factors and should arrive tommorw. The big question is since all the coils are the same age what's the bet the other 3 go shortly.

Harper
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Harper » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Since when did putting feet on seats become so widespread? Twice in the past hour I've asked people to stop doing it and one of them was older than me. This is one of the many reasons I hate public transport!

The older person protested the most btw. The young girl just smiled sheepishly and removed her feet from the seat
The problem with the world is the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Please note I'm not accepting Facebook friend requests as I'm an anti-social bint at the best of times and Facebook makes me more so :green:

lowered-punto
Tech God
Tech God

Unread postby lowered-punto » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:54 pm

Haha only you would make a fuss about it on public transport

marti155
Forum god
Forum god

Unread postby marti155 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:34 pm

Public transport would be great if there were no other people on it and they got rid of the lingering smell of vomit and pish from the bus seats

Harper
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Harper » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:54 am

It was the train but yes I agree, public transport would be a lot better if there was no-one else on it. On the way down I had the table all to myself and could spread out to work - bliss.

Just to cement how grumpy I am :lol: work does an annual transport survey part of which is meant to encourage us to use our cars less. There's one question every year which asks what they could do to encourage us to car share more and every year my answer is nothing as I can't stand other people in the morning :twist:

Harper
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Harper » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Oh ffs, someone please explain to my why I thought it sensible to put a dentist appointment in my holidays. Time off work is about the only perk of getting your mouth prodded and poked. This had better not hurt

Stuart
Forum god
Forum god

Unread postby Stuart » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Knowing you as I do, it would all depend on what or whom is doing the poking and prodding....

Return to “General Chat / Banter”