Show and Shine

Cleaning and detailing chat. Plus we'll have expert detailing advice too!
msb89
Banned

Unread postby msb89 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:46 pm

nice and shiney, how long will it last driving out to Alford tho.... lol

half decent road tax too!

jatkinson
Forum god
Forum god

Unread postby jatkinson » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:27 pm

will try and post some pics of the shiny cars
Different for a reason

I`d rather my car loose by a Mile and know i built my car , than win by a inch and know some one else built it for, its your car. its your story ....

Martyn
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Martyn » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:55 pm

[MENTION=2107]msb89[/MENTION] its the second weekend of panda and first from alford. Shes had a good decht but more to do yet. Waitin on [MENTION=2174]lewisp[/MENTION] then off for more supplies. Pics to follow...

Mrcento
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread postby Mrcento » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:44 pm

Tempted to put up a pic of the cinq in it's current state in the garage just to horrify some clean freaks :D it's not red any more, it's brown and grey and is best served as a memory board as you can write in the dirt

The joys of sanding in confined areas

dustmasks aplenty :laugh:
Need Technical advice? Look here >>> Tech Guides<<<<

Or ask here >>>> Technical advice forum <<<< :)

Stuart
Forum god
Forum god

Unread postby Stuart » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:48 pm

Thats not bad mark.... my cav is supposed to be red, but passenger side is green.....

Mrcento
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread postby Mrcento » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:35 pm

It's a project car rule, they need to have some different colors on the bodywork until they are complete ;)
Need Technical advice? Look here >>> Tech Guides<<<<

Or ask here >>>> Technical advice forum <<<< :)

Harper
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Harper » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:41 pm

Stuart wrote:Thats not bad mark.... my cav is supposed to be red, but passenger side is green.....

And considering where it's stored it won't be long before the drivers side is green too

Mrcento wrote:It's a project car rule, they need to have some different colors on the bodywork until they are complete ;)

Oi! We have enough of a challenge with Yellow without you introducing new rules to scupper things further.

Mind you it's also stored in the shed...

Oh shit!
The problem with the world is the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Please note I'm not accepting Facebook friend requests as I'm an anti-social bint at the best of times and Facebook makes me more so :green:

Stuart
Forum god
Forum god

Unread postby Stuart » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:34 pm

Yellow and green are closer than red and green.... it should be ok haha

Harper
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Harper » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:32 am

It's yellow and stoor at the moment - could probably use it as a memo board too. May as well considering FiaSco's currently being used as a blackboard to play noughts and crosses...
The problem with the world is the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Please note I'm not accepting Facebook friend requests as I'm an anti-social bint at the best of times and Facebook makes me more so :green:

Martyn
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Martyn » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:02 pm

Well! Cleaned the Panda yesterday but ran into a spot of bother.

Washed the car and was making a start on the inside. The vac I'm using at the house is an old upright Dyson. Sat it on a mat, next to the car and started vac'ing. Pulled the house and ultimately dragged the hoover up against the drivers door. Which, of course, rubbed the already thin paint a nice scuffy grey. Oops.

A bit of tcut later and I think the worst of it is gone. Certainly didn't appear as noticable today, which is nice.

Oddly, the clean state of the Panda was comented on in Edinburgh today...changed days indeed!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “The Wash Bay”